The training 'PDF Standards & Preflight' is a first introduction to PDF and PDF standards, preflight and advanced checks and fixups.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Price: € 250/person
- 15% discount for people who have an active SMA contract on any callas product.
- The second, third … person from the same company joins at half price.
The training consists of 3 sessions of one hour each, alternated with 15-minute breaks. Coffee, tea, water and soft drinks are available during the breaks. Don't forget to bring your own laptop!
Session 1: History & introduction to PDF and PDF standards
- History of PDF
- Main characteristics of a PDF document
- PDF versions & possibilities
- Standardization of PDF itself
- Future developments
- An overview of ISO standards based on PDF
- An overview of the Ghent Workgroup
Session 2: Preflight using callas pdfToolbox
- Libraries, preflight profiles & performing preflight
- Examining preflight results & using preflight reports
- Anatomy of a preflight profile
- Building your own checks, fixups & profiles: an introduction
Session 3: Advanced checks & fixups
- Advanced checks: color, ink coverage, Sifter …
- Advanced fixups: shapes, place content …
- A short introduction to variables
- A short introduction to process plans
If you're interested in this training, please fill in the following form: