pdfToolbox update 9.3 is now available!
09 ago 2017
Berlin, 9 August 2017 – callas software, market leader for automated PDF quality control and archival solutions, today releases version 9.3 of its showpiece pdfToolbox. This update contains small but significant new features to make your life easier.
What’s new in version 9.3?
The following new features have been integrated into callas pdfToolbox 9.3:
- The update now uses the latest version of the Adobe PDF Library. It provides bug fixes in the areas of rendering and transparency flatting and improves stability and performance of the application.
- A new Switchboard action allows for converting pages containing CMYK (and optionally spot colors) into pre-separated pages (without rasterization). A one page CMYK PDF file is converted into a four-page pre-separated PDF file. Pre-separated pages have metadata to allow compatible equipment to recognize them as such.
- The pdfToolbox check for the size of a page box such as the trim box has been extended. Now it is also possible to check that a page has either a given size or a multiple of that size. This allows for checking whether a page can be proportionally scaled to the required size.
- A small convenience feature can make the development of profiles and process plans using variables much easier: when testing profiles or process plans in pdfToolbox Desktop, variables can now be reloaded from the last run. It is even possible to export them into a JSON file or load such a JSON structure. The same JSON can also be used in pdfToolbox CLI or SDK. A real-time saver when it comes to testing profiles with large amounts of variables.
Version 9.3 in addition fixes many problems reported via our support channels:
Availability & price
callas pdfToolbox 9.3 is available immediately:
- The update to pdfToolbox 9.3 is free of charge for pdfToolbox 9 users. Note that you can keep your pdfToolbox 9 keys for this update.
- pdfToolbox Desktop for manual processing as a plug-in within Adobe Acrobat or standalone, starts at € 499. An upgrade from pdfToolbox 8 costs € 199 and an upgrade from pdfToolbox 7 costs € 299.
- pdfToolbox Server, CLI and SDK for fully automated, hands-off processing and integration in other solutions start at € 3 999. Upgrades to pdfToolbox Server 9.3 are included in the Support and Maintenance Agreement. Customers without an active maintenance agreement should contact their local reseller or Four Pees.
For further inquiries regarding availability, price, options or return on investment, please contact your local reseller or Four Pees via email@example.com. A fully functional time-limited trial version can be downloaded from the callas website:
About callas software
callas software finds simple ways to handle complex PDF challenges. As a technology innovator, callas software develops and markets PDF technology for publishing, print production, document exchange and document archiving. callas software helps agencies, publishing companies and printers to meet the challenges they face by providing software to preflight, correct and repurpose PDF files for print production and electronic publishing. Businesses and government agencies all over the world rely on callas software’s future-proof, fully PDF/A compliant archiving products. In addition, callas software technology is available as a programming library (SDK) for developers with a need for PDF optimization, validation and correction. Software vendors such as Adobe®, Quark®, Xerox® and many others have recognized the quality and flexibility provided by these callas tools and have incorporated them into their solutions.
callas software actively supports international standards and has been participating in DIN, ISO, CIP4, the European Color Initiative, the PDF Association. BITKOM and the Ghent Workgroup. In addition, callas software is a founding member of the PDF Association.
callas software is based in Berlin, Germany. For more information, visit the callas software website at: www.callassoftware.com.
T: +32 9 237 10 00